World Pencil Ltd and World Pencil Trust are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions of use and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. We keep certain basic information when you visit our website and recognise the importance of keeping that information secure and letting you know what we will do with it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) and the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR), the data controller of the World Pencil website at www.worldpencil.net ('worldpencil.net'), is World Pencil Ltd, Registered in the UK, Company No. 09450422, registered address 30 Gay Street, Bath, BA1 2PA, UK. ('Us').
This policy only applies to worldpencil.net. If you leave worldpencil.net via a link or otherwise, you will be subject to the policy of that website provider. We have no control over that policy or the terms of the website and you should check their policy before continuing to access the site.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on worldpencil.net and other other websites, including www.goodquestions.net, www.creative-impact.net, and our mailing list management platforms, including Mail Chimp and Salesforce. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use worldpencil.net, subscribing to our service or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with worldpencil.net.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• Details of your visits to worldpencil.net including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, operating system, browser usage and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Privacy of submitted responses and materials
We will respect the privacy of responses and materials you submit to worldpencil.net as follows:
• When responding to questions a note concerning the privacy (generally denoted by the use of a padlock icon) of those responses will be available on the same page as the question. Unless otherwise stated, responses to questions are private and not available to be viewed by other users.
• When writing a post, creating a group, creating a question, creating a tool or otherwise submitting information, data and materials to the site, we will endeavour that the privacy (or otherwise) of that information will be clearly indicated in the form with which you submit the information, including, by way of illustration only, by indicating that information is submitted to the public or to a particular group.
• For the purposes of administration and site maintenance we reserve the right to permit access to all users' data to our designated staff and contractors.
• As part of the useful functionality of worldpencil.net, at our discretion, other users may be able to see an analysis or aggregation of your responses to questions, and other submitted materials, where those analyses and aggregations will not permit an accurate interpretation of your individual responses. In general, we will only show an analysis or aggregation where there are at least three sets of data being analysed or aggregated together.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual and we will not collect personal information in this way.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve worldpencil.net and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
• To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
• To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise worldpencil.net according to your individual interests.
• To speed up your searches.
• To recognise you when you return to worldpencil.net.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of worldpencil.net, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to worldpencil.net; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from worldpencil.net is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
• To notify you about changes to our service.
• We may compare data about you from our other platforms, including other websites and data sources, where you have registered or provided your personal information on those platforms.
• The worldpencil.net Website reserves the right to disclose at its discretion, including commercially, any analysis of the responses of site users that it may perform or undertake, subject to the conditions that no individual's responses shall be capable of being disclosed or discerned as a result of this disclosure and that site users copyrights shall not be breached, subject to the Site User acceptances above.
• We may, and reserve the right to, permit third-party advertisements on the worldpencil.net, and to use analyses of your responses and submitted materials to inform the selection of such advertisements.
• The legal basis for processing your personal information, as may arise from your anonymous use of our websites, is legitimate interests. The legal basis for processing your personal information, where you have logged into an account on one of our websites, or otherwise provided us with your named information, is consent.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
worldpencil.net may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Your right to access or have your information removed, or to withdraw your consent
You can request access to the personal data we hold on you, or to have those data removed and deleted, or to remove your consent by contacting us. We will endeavour to honour all requests within one calendar month.